Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Setback Continues...

Well, my skin issues are still flaring.  The little bumps I've always battled are back with a vengeance--arms, legs, and tummy.  My scalp has calmed a bit but is not where I was pre-virus and my eczema is getting annoying.  My face has broken out a bit, but a normal person breakout and not an OMG breakout. 

I also have a bonus issue--random large, painful, pimple-like eruptions.  I get them occasionally and they can pop up anywhere on my body.  They don't last long but they hurt like hell and they pop up like mushrooms.  Since they don't show up very often I've never figured out a pattern or a trigger.  I suppose it could be stress-related.  If anyone else gets these and has a theory I'm happy for suggestions.  Ugh.  I just need a skin transplant.

As far as my face goes, I think I'm going to try to get in for a facial.  The last time I went my skin improved a lot and the lady who did it suggested having facials regularly for maintenance.  Since her last advice and facial were so helpful she's probably right about maintenance facials, too.  It's expensive but I guess it's worth the money to have confidence in my face.  And clear skin means spending less on makeup, too! : )

I did make a boo-boo on my dairy-free diet, though.  Last friday I led a field trip to Cici's Pizza.  I held out until the end but finally caved and devoured a slice of pizza.  It was so good!  But my stomach has been upset with me for days.  Really, really angry, in fact.  So it seems that a little bit of milk cooked into a baked good every now and then I can handle, but cheese is my nemesis.  Why are all the yummiest foods made with milk?!  Let this stand as a reminder, Allison--DO NOT EAT CHEESE!  The consequences are not worth those few moments of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any tips or experiences to share, please feel free!