Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Photo time! Then and now...

Here they are:
 February                                                                                   May
Now, I'm the first to admit that my skin is far from perfect, but the difference is incredible.  No more painful cystic welts, even during pms.  The areas of redness are fading continually and breakouts are so few and so minor they're not a big deal at all.

I had an acquaintance stop and tell me the other day how amazing the progress has been.  She asked what I'm doing, convinced I've been using Proactiv or some such system.  She was schocked that I've conquered my skin issues without using any of the standard acne products. 

I also need to give a shout out to my husband.  He has been so supportive and so encouraging throughout this journey!  He tells me almost daily how clear my skin is looking and how great it is that I've worked this out despite medical wisdom telling me otherwise.  He was there for me when I was ashamed of my reflection and in pain for that I am grateful. 

As scary as it is to post such embarrassing evidence of my skin issues, if this helps even one person find the road to relief then it's worth it. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Well you were brave to take your picture in February. I'm glad you are improving so well. I've had acne problems too, but not with the same redness as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking that picture was very hard to do. I just wanted to have a record for myself to see if my crazy idea worked or not. A lot of the redness was due to the eczema part of things.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any tips or experiences to share, please feel free!