Thursday, July 8, 2010

2 Things I learned over the weekend

1. I started having a lot of muscle pain last week so I googled calcium deficiency symptoms and, sure enough, there it was.  That's one of the down sides to eating dairy free.  One of the other symptoms was flaky skin so I wonder if that helps explain my scalp flaring up.  After taking my calcium supplements for a couple of days the muscle pain went away.  So I guess I just learned the hard way how important calcium is!  For anyone who is doing dairy-free and doesn't know, a nutritionist told me to take 600mg of calcium twice a day, but not with a multi-vitamin or anything containing iron or zinc, since they reduce the absorption of the calcium.

2. A friend of mine with a new baby told me about a remedy she read about somewhere for baby rashes.  It said to put breastmilk on the rash instead of a lotion or cream.  My friend did that with her daughter and saw dramatic change overnight!  What a simple and safe way to help baby's skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any tips or experiences to share, please feel free!