Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still a work in progress

Well, I have to retract a comment made in my last post.  The Florasone is not working after all.  In fact, I think it's making things worse.  I am going to go back to using some leftover steroid cream that a dermatologist gave me awhile back for a different skin issue.  It seems to be very effective.  I'm hoping that if I can get rid of the flare I can maintain without continuing to use the steroid cream.

I don't know quite what conclusion to draw from this, but since I've been really consistent with taking my medicine and supplements my progress has been wonderful.  I had run out of vitamins and my skin looked awful.  Now I am wondering what it is about my multivitamin that is working.  Is it a particular vitamin, the calcium, the immune boost complex?  Whatever it is it seems to be key.  Hmmm...

I feel like a detective working on a case.  Except that I don't think I'll ever find just one clear solution.  I've found a lot of clues but I know there's more to learn.  I will say that a friend made a good point to me the other day.  I was saying how I'd like a skin transplant but she pointed out that it's not my skin that's the problem; eczema is an immune system disorder. I think that should be the next lead to follow--looking for ways to boost my immune system to see if my skin benefits.  I can't imagine that improving my immune system would be a bad thing so I might as well give it a shot!

I would like to mention that I'm always open to suggestions so if you're reading this and you have ideas, please feel free to leave a comment!  I love getting new perspectives and ideas!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any tips or experiences to share, please feel free!