Sunday, April 1, 2012

Waiting for the ax to fall

Hello, my name is Allison, and I'm a dairy addict.  I fell off the dairy-free wagon the night before last.  I succumbed to temptation and feasted on nachos and mac'n'cheese!  As usual, the effects are not immediate.  I am waiting to see just how badly I hurt myself.  My digestive system is already sluggish but I'm expecting pimples, an eczema flare, and greasy face.  I have finally drawn the correlation between dairy and my face being oily.  It's awful and washes my makeup off halfway through the day.  Now I have to be extra diligent for the next week or so to prevent further irritation.

I am testing a theory of mine about calcium, though.  I've noticed in the past that when my scalp, or more correctly my seborrheic dermatitis, gets itchy (and I mean drive me to the brink of insanity, not just a little irritating) that calcium supplements help.  I've taken one each day so far so I'm waiting to see if the calcium can somehow combat the dairy flare.

In the mean time, I will be avoiding even the most minute dairy and any alcohol other than my nightly red wine.  Fingers crossed that I don't pay too dearly for my evening of weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any tips or experiences to share, please feel free!